Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Email from Interlochen

Hey all, I got this email from Interlochen today. Just spreading the word and the love.

Proud Mama



Hi Mrs. Needleroozer,

Thanks for providing such great information to us about Piano Girl’s quest to attend Interlochen Arts Camp. I know she will have a wonderful time, and we will all take very good care of her.

I write grant proposals to foundations and corporations, seeking scholarship and other financial support for Interlochen’s programs. Although I do not seek support for any individual student in particular, the success of my proposals does increase the amount that we can offer for student scholarships. The reason I am glad to receive your information about Piano Girl is that I am looking for stories showing how hard campers work in order to fulfill their Interlochen dream. These stories are very compelling to donors of all kinds, including those with whom I work. The immediacy of a journey like Piano Girl’s helps hammer home how vital a donor’s gift can be, and how meaningful. And when a child works so hard to attain an Interlochen experience, we know that s/he will get the most out of it, which is also important and heartwarming for many donors.

I will be sure to look for Piano Girl when Camp starts—just a few days away!

Thanks again for your time and effort in helping us tell the Interlochen story.

Ms. D.

P.S. My daughter, 13, and my son, 11, will both be starting their 3rd summer of Interlochen Arts Camp on Saturday; as a family we’re delighted with the Interlochen experience. In fact, my husband and I met at Interlochen as Intermediate Campers way back when, and we both returned for subsequent summers. It really is a special place!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, now how cool is that?!

Thanks for sharing,

P